Monday, January 9, 2012

Blueberry Crisp

Good morning friends wanted to share a quick and tasty recipe that I got from http://ourvintagelovehome.blogspot.com/, if you love blueberries as much as I do you really need to try this one and its so simple! My entire family loved it. Its wonderful with vanilla ice cream!!
perfect serving just add ice cream! I say this is a perfect serving but most that tried it gave me the comment "thats all"
Simply wonderful!

For the crisp, grab a bowl and add:
2 cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/3 cup of flour
1/2 cup sugar (or to taste), 1/4 tsp cinnamon
mix it all togethor and
Set aside.....

For the crisp, get your food processor, or a bowl and a fork, if you don't have a food processor.  And preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 stick cold butter chopped into pieces
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp salt
Put these ingredients into the bowl of your processor and pulse.
Now take your ramekins (bowls) and place on a baking sheet.  Spoon the blueberry mixture into the ramekins about 1/3 of the way up making sure the flour, sugar and cinnamon get evenly distributed in each ramekin.

Next, take your topping mixture and spoon plenty on top of the blueberries in each ramekin, pop that into your 400 degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
I switch up between using the ramekins to a larger serving dish! If it's just us and the kids I use the ramekins, if I'm making it for a get togethor I use my larger serving dish and make more :)))









 

2 comments: